Artificial Intelligence in Schools
The Supporting Artificial Intelligence in Schools Initiative is an Australian Government Department of Education program aimed at engaging students and supporting teacher professional development in this critical area.
Building skills beyond digital literacy, we need critical and creative thinkers who can incorporate artificial intelligence and emerging technologies into future problem solving. Such skills are critical to our future workforce pipeline.
Through this program, CSER offers a range of free services to educators across Australia, including:
- National Lending Library of emerging technologies including Virtual and Augmented Reality equipment. (The AI library forms a small component of the broader National Lending Library which is currently on hiatus while we determine future funding opportunities.)
- Lesson Plan exemplars to support integration of AI and related technologies implementation in the classroom
- Professional Learning workshops/webinars to directly engage with educators on opportunities for integrating artificial intelligence, virtual reality, augmented reality and emerging technologies. To request a PL workshop contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- A range of AI and Emerging Technologies (AR,VR) Resources to support you to champion this subject with your peers and to your students:
- AI and Emerging Technologies Quick Guide
- AI, AR, VR Classroom Usage Guide
- AR Activity Ideas Handout
- AI Activity Ideas Handout
- Teacher's guide to Immersive Technologies (Primary) - highlights a range of educational AR apps for use in the Primary classroom. This resource is a companion to a CSER Webinar that can be viewed on demand on the CSER YouTube page.
- Teacher's guide to Immersive Technologies (Secondary) - highlights a range of AR apps for use in the Secondary Classroom. This resource is a companion to a CSER Webinar that can be viewed on demand on the CSER YouTube page.
With thanks to funding from the Australian Government Department of Education.